Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Civilians of War

Mercy I beg, I have done no wrong
A right to live is all I ask
Leave me and my family out of this
Don’t involve them in your ugly task

Why the hell are you bombing me?
What is the cause you endorse?
My cause is to live in peace
Does that violate yours?

Destroying my land from out and in
Raping it for everything
Its children have become mute spectators
Paying for somebody else’s sin

If I die then you win
If I live then I lose
If I’m maimed then I rot
If intact then still of no use

Hell bent on destroying the future
Of me and my children
Will you achieve a permanent solution
If this war you will win

Take a pause and ask yourself
What is the root of this conflict
You tried to push us out of our land
And our land we won’t evict

There is no solution from war
No matter how hard you try
As I shed tears of blood
Hoping in hell you all will die…

No comments:

Post a Comment