Monday, November 3, 2008

Life

From heaven to earth and back to hell
A thousand stories I need to tell
From joy to calm and then despair
In the entire world there are few who care
From war to peace and back to war
I’ve traveled land both near and far
From hatred to love and to jealousy
From riches and wealth to misery
From joy and laughter to sorrow
From yesterday today and tomorrow
From north to south to east and west
A thousand times I’ve undergone the test
From smirk to grin and laughter and tears
I’ve cried for help but nobody hears
From loneliness to fullness and back to emptiness
There is a need for someone who can caress
From young and old and adolescent
My life has always been transparent
I’ve lived a thousand adventures
Met a million creatures
Cried from both joy and pain
Drenched in both sweat and rain
Struggled a lot, sometimes in vain
The struggle seems to never end
A silver lining we can all pretend
But fighting is the essence of life
Living each moment on the edge of a knife

No comments:

Post a Comment